11.06.2010

October Recap

With the first week of November coming to a close and so much more in store for the rest of the year I thought I should start recapping my months. That way I can look back and see how much fun I had in my 20's! =)
October 2010 was a pretty awesome month with 5 full weekends in one month!

A little recap of some of the fun adventures that were had:
- a fun drive up to Truckee with Anthony
-eating at a restaurant that was featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives!
-winning FREE tickets to the 49ers vs. Eagles game in SF.
-being in San Francisco on the most perfect weekends. Fleet week! Enjoying the city with Anthony.
-randomly going to a Rascal Flatts concert. Bought the tickets 4 hours before it started.
-AppleHill Sunday trip with my sister and twin cousins. Having apple beer and mini photo shoots in the orchards. =)
-Wishing my little sister a Happy 22nd Birthday!
-Relay Academy! Learning a lot about the ACS and Relay for Life
-Celebrating 4 years with Anthony.... hard to believe.
-Hosting a Halloween Party! Costumes, drinks, snacks, and games! Super fun!


A few smaller moments that were just as fun!:
-having a little bbq hangout with the family
-having a midweek lunch with my sister, taking her to Thai for her first time.
-renting Babies the documentary film. laughing hard and crying a little too!
-starting the first season of Weeds
-seeing the Giants win the World Series!
-craving pumpkins with a few friends
-lunch breaks with my co-workers. we have fun.

I'm extremely thankful for:
That I was able to do all of this stuff.. let alone in one single month. I feel truly lucky when I really sit down and think about it. I'm not rich and I do struggle at times. When rent is due, I stress out a little bit. But I am a good saver and I don't spend my money on a lot material things. I don't shop at J Crew or Anthropology. If I did I couldn't experience things like this. I don't drive a brand new car and a lot of my furniture in my home was either given to me, for free, or from a consignment/thrift store. Don't get me wrong, I love to shop! And I do!! I just try to really save my money for the things in life that I feel will enrich my life. The experience. Being with friends and having a good time. Going out to dinner and enjoying an awesome meal with the people that I care for.

So far it looks like November will hold a lot of awesome memories and I'm looking forward to experiencing them!

No comments: