7.08.2011

RIP

You guys... this has been a rough week.

I just lost my loving, sweet, gentle, caring Grandma, Cathy.

She was the sweetest lady. She didn't sugar coat things though and she said it like she saw it no matter if it was politically correct or not (most likely wasn't).
When we (all my cousins and I) were little we would all take turns laying in Grandmas lap. She had the softest skin and we used her bosoms as pillows. She made the best biscuits and gravy this side of the Mississippi. She wasn't from the south but she kind of had a southern accent. She had a rough life though but despite that she was still so thankful what she did have. She was a godly woman so I know that she is in Heaven now meeting God, smiling because she isn't in pain, and I know that she is going to be looking down on me and the rest of the family.

The last time I went and visited her was 2 weeks ago. She hadn't been feeling well and was taking a nap when i arrived. My cousin was there so I hung out with her for a good hour. I didn't want to wake my grandma up so I was going to just come back the next weekend (last weekend) and visit. My cousin urged me to wake her and told me she would love it. So I did. And I'm so glad that I did. I got to give her a big kiss and hug and tell her I love her. I never visited this past weekend... I try not to live with regrets... but I wish I could have had one last chat with her...

But I'm happy that I got to be by her side at the hospital last night and today. I held her hand and got to tell her how much I loved her. I said a prayer for her and if you know me, then you know that I don't really pray. I did it for her.

Catherine Elizabeth Carmen
11-21-1932-----7/8/2011

I'm so glad that you were my grandma. Rest in Peace.

2 comments:

kimbirdy said...

oh honey, i'm so sorry. losing a loved one is never easy, never. i hope you are finding some good ways to take care of yourself right now, and lovely ways to honor her in your life. sending you hugs!

Eleanor at Mirror Of My World said...

so sorry to hear that... hope you are alright x